Thursday, February 6, 2014

Community.Home.Family. #XAWR14

Over the course of your life, you will come in contact with people that will change your life forever.  I can definitely say that Chi Alpha Campus Ministries has made a major impact in my life.  I found a community.  I found a home.  I found a family.

I have been a part of the student leadership team for the past year.  Every day I have the opportunity to work with such an amazing group of students who have a passion for Christ and his work.  I am constantly encouraged and inspired by each and every one of them.  I don’t know if I tell them this enough, but I am so blessed by each of their friendships and I love them more than words could say. 

They are all so dedicated to building God’s kingdom, rather than their own. 
They all want to make a big deal out God, rather than themselves. 

Every individual on the leadership team is so unique and different. 
We’ve all come from different paths. 
We’ve all faced different challenges and hardships. 
We’ve all experienced different highs and lows. 

Our different strengths, weaknesses, personalities, and quirks make us who we are…..and that’s the beauty of the body of Christ.  Together we are a force on this campus!

It beautifully says in Romans 12:4 [Message Bible], “In this way we are like the various parts of a human body.  Each part gets its meaning from the body as a whole, not the other way around.  The body we’re talking about is Christ’s body of chosen people.  Each of us finds our meaning and function as a part of his body.”

Being a part of the leadership team has made me realize that I need my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ.  All of us contribute something valuable to the group and with someone missing, the group would not be the same.  WE NEED EACH OTHER!  We are able to be discipled and disciple others.  What a beautiful thing!

Over the course of the past year, we’ve had the opportunity to see lives changed and become new in Christ.  We have seen the sick become healed, the broken become whole, and the fearful become overcomers!  God is doing great things on this campus, and He is not done yet! 

It’s so important for student leaders to be open vessels for the Lord.  Blessings will come out of our obedience to His will, in our own individual lives, and on our campus.  We have to continue growing together and let the Holy Spirit move among us!


Remember….We are royalty.  We have destiny.  WE are going to change history.  

No comments:

Post a Comment