Friday, July 30, 2010

Don't Box Him In

I have had the scripture Proverbs 3:5-6 memorized ever since I was little. “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and don’t depend on your own understanding. Remember the Lord in all you do, and he will give you success.” At times I find myself saying that scripture without really believing it to the fullest extent. There is so much power in that! But sometimes we box God in, limiting Him in our minds of what He can do. Maybe our arm is short, but God’s certainly isn’t. He has been doing big things since the world began!

When the waters begin to rise in our life, the human tendency is to stray from God, trying to figure it out on our own. We try to wrap our carnal minds around the circumstance/hardship that has come up against us, but doing that just makes it worse. I believe our relationship with Christ is weakened that way. The Message Bible further clarifies the above scripture. It reads, “Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don’t try to figure everything on your own. Listen for God’s voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; he’s the one who will keep you on track. Don’t assume you know it all. Run to God! Run from evil! Your body will glow with health, your very bones will vibrate with life! Honor God with everything you own; give him the first and the best. Your barns will burst, your wine vats will brim over.” [[Proverbs 3: 5-10]]


Why do we doubt the creator of the world, the one who fed thousands with seven loaves of bread and a few little fish, the one who raised people up from the dead, the one who healed people of their diseases?? We shouldn’t, but we do.


There is a situation in my life that I have been praying about for over seven years. I remember feeling like nothing was changing and my prayers were not being heard. I pretty much started to accept the way things were. “It’s okay that this situation has come up against me. That’s the way it was supposed to be, I guess.” I wasn’t putting all my trust in God. I was doubting what He could do, that he could change it. Looking back, that was foolish of me.


Maybe God’s timing isn’t the same as ours, and it usually isn’t, which is probably a good thing, but that doesn’t mean we should stop trusting in Him. We should trust Him all the more! It says in Habakkuk 2:3, “It is not time for the message to come true, but that time is coming soon; the message will come true. It may seem like a long time, but be patient and wait for it, because it will surely come; it will not be delayed.” Every night I still pray for this person/situation. I have put my trust in the Lord knowing that one day He will make things come to pass, but in HIS timing. And I take comfort in that.


I personally don’t think it’s enough to say “God I give this situation to you, please help” and then just walk away. We have to do our part too. Our part is also very important. We need to keep reading the word, pray, just sit at God’s feet and LISTEN, and keep on following Him no matter what we are going through.


--->>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIkQ7YVys_A

*Listen to this song! It is truly amazing!

[[when.you.feel.like.your.world.is.falling.apart---->> run to the one who creates worlds.]]

2 comments:

  1. This is your cousin Randy again ----- YOUR blog is SO on-point ------- We SHOULD trust God in everything BUT we still need to do our part --------- Blessing on you and KEEP ON WRITING ----- you are a blessing to many

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great article on Trust. God's is mightily using you Ally and His marvelous light on you will draw all men from every tribe and nation to receive what He has deposited in you. Great Read - please write a book!

    ReplyDelete